Sunday, 6 January 2013

The end of the holidays....

Colin has been off work the past few days, and the playgroups I usually take the little ones to have all been closed. So I've really felt like we've been on holiday,too....I can completely live with Toby getting up at 5.10 when I know at 9am I can go back to bed for a blissful three to four hours! Going to be hard to adjust to a snatched hour before playgroup when Colin goes back to work on Wednesday.

I've given myself a bit of a holiday, too, after the making frenzy of the run up to Christmas. I'm going to start making things again this week, but it's been nice to have a few evenings of just reading and watching TV. I do have a lot of reading to get through - I have 60!!!books on my Kindle. I used to be addicted to buying paperbacks - now it's Kindle books.

I'm a little bit scared to get on the scales as I've completely over indulged over Christmas. I'm allowing myself till a week on Monday once Rose's 3rd birthday celebrations are over, then I'm going back to healthy eating.

I got Colin the new Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall cook book for Christmas. It's surprisingly full of meat and dairy free recipes. My favourite so far has been the baked potatoes filled with chestnuts and onions. I didn't take a picture, so here's one of some chestnuts for you. It's very easy - just bake the potato in the oven as normal and fry up some onion and garlic for ten minutes, then add the chopped chestnuts for another few minutes and fill the potatoes with them. YUM.


Finally, Colin has his own beer blog. Take a look - it's brilliant. And I'm not in the least bitter that after two days, his blog is getting more views than mine!



No comments:

Post a Comment